Recognizing the grave need to curb trafficking of wildlife globally, and natural history museums’ largely untapped ability to contribute to this issue, ICOM NATHIST has collaborated with like-minded institutions to create a framework to facilitate involvement by workers in the field.
- Communication within the sector
- Building and strengthening partnerships
- Improving documentation
- Support and training of front-line professionals
- Raising public awareness
- Improving identification methods
- Museum security
- Lobbying for improved legislation
To read more and download the white paper, follow this link to the ICOM NATHIST Wildlife Trafficking Working Group website.
For more information on this initiative, please contact us at this link.